Oh, you Bostonians. How you love to villify your sweet, gentlemanly, huggy-bear of a Mayor. You should be ashamed of yourselves! The worst thing you can come up with about the dear man is that he talks funny. Let me tell yas, if I weren't from here, I'd think you folks sound pretty tahded too. Since I am a local though, I love you doods - yah dood, you from Eastie! You crazy irish bastids from Sout'ie. The chicks with the big hayah from Reveyah, and other points Nawth. But I digress.
Our fine mayor actually gives a crap. He does a fine job of running a tough city. Politics, in it's entirety, frankly sucks. You can never, ever please everyone - hell, you're lucky if you can even get one side to simmah down wit da biatching (and the other side will more than make up for the vacuum left by the decrease in biatching by biatching harder, louder, and more ahssholishly). Mayor Menino, as of yet, has been relatively free from the scumbaggery that so many of his peers have been derailed by. He's no Blagojevich (that raging ASSHAT-cum-used car salesman-looking douche). He hasn't been busted banging underage choir boys in a bathroom in South Station. We have yet to see him captured on film snorting blow off of a hooker's arse. he hasn't been the target of an FBI sting operation to stem the tide of human trafficking. He isn't on vacation 374 days a year. He's a man of the people, versus a pompus, slick-haired Ken doll whose only goal in attaining office was to use it as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
Nope - Mayor Menino is a good dude. Can't understand what he says sometimes? It's called a 'rewind' button - try it. Still no good? Read a transcript. Get off the guy's arse though, because really, would you rather have a guy at the helm whose every word you could understand, but was a dirty, corrupt, soulless asshat? No. You wouldn't. So shut it and let's give some props to THE MAN!!
RAWK ON MAYOR MENINO!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rock on! (Why are we rocking on again?)
Damn, I miss The Mayor (sigh). RIP, good sir.
Post a Comment