Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Rail-Riding Brethren.....

Props to you unlucky bastards. I feel for you - truly, I do.

Let us have a moment of silence, TrainWrecks, and admonish the Rail Gods to spare us such a fate....


About 150 Rescued From 2 Disabled NY Trains

NEW YORK - About 150 passengers have been rescued from two disabled commuter trains coming from New York that lost heat and electricity in a nearly three-hour ordeal.

A railroad official says the passengers got stranded on the two Metro-North trains between Bridgeport and Stratford stations in Connecticut about 3:40 a.m. Thursday. Service has been suspended.

Metro-North spokesman Dan Brucker says several thousand feet of overhead wires that send power to the trains became entangled and torn, cutting off power.

He says passengers were safely helped to a rescue train by about 6:25 a.m. by emergency personnel. The rescue operation was delayed because of the need to lift wires from the tracks and secure other safety hazards.

1 comment:

Sharon Bean said...

OMFG. I don't think they have bars on those trains. THAH HAWRRAH! / Trump.